Friday 24 January 2014

Worried that I have fucked up my sister...

Hello there,

I haven't blogged forever. I'm not sure that anyone is reading it anyway. I'm sorry if you are.

This is a bit of a touchy subject and has arose recently. I've written a little about my own anxiety last year when it was really bad and I really needed help. But I am better now and learning to deal with it. Mostly.

But when I went home after my exams I found my sister a wreck. She showed all the symptoms of anxiety attacks that I had around September; only worse. If that is possible. My sister has always been anxious. My whole close family has anxiety problems to some extent. But my sister is taking it to new levels. I want to help her more than anything but I feel that she's not ready to listen to me and accept my help.  

And the worst thing is that I cant help be believe that I am in some way the cause of this. Like the pressure and the stress of dealing with her older sister, who has usually been so strong, crumble under her own anxiety. 

I don't really know why I've written this...

I think that I hope that someone will read this and offer some insight in how I can help my sister confront and deal with her anxiety. Or my own. Or alternatively if anyone reads this and has their own issues with anxiety and would like to talk about it then that would also be cool.

Thanks,
TheTinyBookworm 


No comments:

Post a Comment